GOWORLD GOPRO PROJECT SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A purchase will not improve your chances to win. Many will enter. Few will win.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, contractors, and franchisees of the GoWorld GoPro Project ("Sponsor"), its employees, contractors, and advertising/promotional agencies, and the immediate families and household members of each of the above, are not eligible to enter or win. Subject to all applicable Federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Mountain Time ("MT") on _________, 20__ and ends 11:59 p.m. MT on ____________, 20__ (the "Sweepstakes Period"). There are two ways to enter during the Sweepstakes Period: enter by submitting a video for the GoWorld GoPro Project or enter by mail. The method of entry does not affect the opportunity to win. Limit one entry per person or household for the entire Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. To enter by mail, hand print on a 3" x 5" card ______________ Sweepstakes entry, your name, complete street address, day and evening phone numbers, and date of birth and mail, along with a self-addressed, stamped return envelope, to: ___________________________________. Requests must be postmarked by ___________, 20__ and received by __________, 20__. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, damaged, incorrectly addressed, late, lost, stolen, misdirected, postage due, and oversized requests or mail. Such requests or mail will be void and will not be returned. Mechanical or other reproductions will be void. By participating in this promotion, you agree to follow these contest rules. By accepting a prize, you give us your permission (except where prohibited) to use your name, likeness, and statements for publicity purposes without additional compensation. All entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
3. DRAWING: The grand prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning for each entry are 1/total number of entries received. The drawing will be held on or about _________, and will be conducted by ______________, whose decision is final and binding. The winner will be notified by email or phone on or about __________, 20__. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made 7 business days from the first notification attempt, the person will be disqualified, with an alternate selected.
[Insert description of prizes and the retail value of each – if over $2000, let me know. There is a registration requirement in NY and FL]. Taxes will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. ODDS: The odds of winning the grand prize are 1/the total number of entries received.
6. GENERAL RULES: All entries and prize claims become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Released Parties (as defined below) assume no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, incomplete or postage-due entries, prize claims, or mail. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, winners consent to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names and/or photographs for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without limitation and without additional compensation, notification or permission. By participating in this promotion, each entrant accepts and agrees (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and (ii) to release Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective directors, officers, employees and agencies of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability of any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participating in this promotion or resulting from acceptance, or use/misuse of the prize. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the promotion or website, violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION THE CONTEST RULES AND OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, terminate, or suspend the online entry should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the promotion. These contest rules constitute the full agreement relating to the promotion. In the event of any conflict between these rules and any of the documents relating to the promotion, these rules shall prevail.
7. ARBITRATION DISCLOSURE:
By participating in this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree that any and all disputes they may have with, or claims they may have against, Sponsor relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Sweepstakes, and/or (ii) the awarding or redemption of prizes, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class or representative action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration pursuant to the rules established by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") as stated in the Arbitration Provision below. If entrants have any questions about the American Arbitration Association, or wish to obtain a copy of the AAA's rules and forms, entrants may call (800) 778-7879 or visit the AAA's website at www.adr.org. Entrants acknowledge and agree that neither they nor Sponsor will have the right to litigate claims in court, to have a jury trial, or to engage in pre-arbitration discovery except as provided for in the AAA rules. Other rights and remedies that entrants would otherwise have if they went to court also may not be available in arbitration.
8. ARBITRATION PROVISION:
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (1) Any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes or the awarding or redemption of prizes will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration conducted pursuant to the AAA's Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes in conjunction with the AAA's Commercial Arbitration Rules (if and as applicable depending on the amount in controversy); (2) This arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction governed by the Federal Arbitration Act ("FAA"), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) The arbitration shall be held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (4) The arbitrator's decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable entrant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes; (5) The arbitrator shall apply Colorado law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the entrant's and/or Sponsor's individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) The arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against any party; (8) In the event that the administrative fees and deposits the entrant is required to pay under the AAA rules exceed $125, and the entrant is unable to pay the additional fees and deposits, Sponsor retains the right to forward them to the AAA on the entrant's behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the entrant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor retains the right to pay as much of the entrant filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (9) If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
9. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners (available after __________ 20___), send a self addressed stamped envelope to "_______________" Winners, _______________________________. Requests must be received by _______, 20___.